Taking Root - Teaching Yoga to Children Age 8-12
In both the Eastern and Western traditions, age eight is a hallmark in development on many levels. In this training we will look at the evolving intelligence, social awareness and physical growth of kids in this age range while teaching engaging ways to foster their development.
Children at this level have more impulse control than younger ones and can more fully assimilate the concepts of yoga. With this in mind, facilitation emphasizes more active engagement and less demonstration. Physical adjustments will be taught as this age group becomes more interested in doing the poses accurately and experiencing the benefits.
Included in this training:
- Principals of child development as applied to the practice of Yoga (physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual)
- Complete lesson plans you can use right away
- Detailed class plan outline with specific strategies for creating a safe, engaging and effective Yoga practice
- Sequencing, modifications and adjustments
- Meditation, mantras and mudras
- “Creating a Cooperative Classroom” strategies
- Games, crafts, stories, songs and “props” to support the practice
- Techniques for teaching Yoga to families
- Practice of Yoga nidra and how to incorporate it into your teaching
- Sensory integration concepts and strategies