Global Family Yoga welcomes the opportunity to speak on topics related to the wellness of children and families. Our director of training, Mira Binzen, is a Yoga therapist, has a degree in child psychology, and is certified to teach Yoga to both children and adults. Her wide range of experience includes teaching Yoga to under-served youth, homeless teens, physically challenged adults, and families of all kinds. Her warmth and genuine concern for children’s issues make her an engaging speaker. Her light-hearted sense of play ensures a fun experience.
Following are a few topic ideas. Any can be focused on a specific age group from toddlers to teens and adults.
- Breath of Life: Breath awareness for good health.
- Chill Out: How stress (from over scheduling, school, peer pressure, bullies, etc.) affects learning and what can be done to reduce it.
- Eat HAPPY, not SAD: Bringing balance and wholeness to the table.
- Express Yourself!: Facilitate creativity and expression through movement, self-inquiry and deep relaxation.
- Loving Language: Playful, whole body expression of letters and words.
- Mind/Body Connection: Focus and concentration for academic and athletic excellence.
- Regaining Balance: Addressing specific conditions with Yoga - asthma, anxiety, depression, extra weight, poor sleep, poor digestion, ADHD and ADD.
- Team Building: through partner poses and Yoga games.
Have questions? Please call us at 312-324-3119 or contact us and we'll get back to you right away.