Become a Member
We know that people need resources, advice, suggestions, ideas, help in over-coming their obstacles and a sounding board for their issues because we get requests all the time - in person, by phone, via email, and through all kinds of social media. People need support and our mission is to provide it. That’s why we created our membership program. We call it the Ohana.
In Hawaii, Ohana means family – in the big extended meaning of the word. At Global Family Yoga, we're all about family. It's not just in our name...or the fact that we are a family run business. It's about our focus on the Global Family of which we are ALL a part.
Traditionally, members of an Ohana included blood relatives and non-relations who were accepted by the Ohana. It also included the aumakua - the ancestral guardian spirit of the family. We like to think of the ancient Yogis as the aumakua of the Global Family Yoga Ohana.
Today, Ohana still means family, including non-family members and friends. It is used more generally now to refer to any group of people with a common bond that welcomes and respects each other as family. The Ohana is expected to provide education, love and emotional support, comfort and security, respect and faithfulness, wisdom and understanding, truth, honesty and the aloha spirit. The spiritual guardians provide a sense of well-being for the family. Ohana is really the perfect word for our membership program.
In addition to supporting your well-being, the Ohana program provides members with tons of useful tools you can use every day with children in your life.
- Monthly live audio workshops – a $300 value. Every month Mira facilitates a live audio workshop on topics related to Yoga for children.
- Quarterly Themed Lesson Plans – a $60 value. Four times a year you will receive a comprehensive themed lesson plan. Use them as is or modify them to suit your needs. Use them again and again and as a base for your own ideas. You'll also pay less than 50% on additional lesson plans available in our store.
- Members Only Forum – priceless! This is an online community just for Ohana members. Join us as we say each and every day “If not me, who? If not now, when?” Don’t wait until our next scheduled training to get your hands on effective strategies and resources for getting the life-affirming practices of Yoga into the hands of the families in your community – and your own home! It’s a great place to ask or answer questions, share best practices, find teaching opportunities and so much more.
- Marketing/Business Tip – a $900 value. We provide monthly marketing/business advice to our members on the members-only forum. We'll share what we've learned and answer your Yoga related marketing/business questions.
- Listing on our Featured Teachers page. Promote whatever you are doing with others who are passionate about Yoga for children.
- Discounts – members save 10% on GFY workshops and trainings and they pay 10% - 50% less on items in our store. If you’re training with us you can’t afford not to become a member.
- First Access – you’ll never miss out. Ohana members are the first to know about new products and receive priority registration for retreats and other special events.
We recently surveyed our Ohana and asked them what they thought was the biggest benefit of being a member. Here’s what a few of them had to say –
Overall, being a member of Global Family Yoga Ohana is a constant support to me because this is a group that really supports the work I am doing with children.”
I LOVE THE LESSON PLANS. I appreciate the quality and expert design of GFY courses and resources. Keep your teaching fresh, informed and inspired.”
…hearing feedback from others and their experiences is such a key component in the program.”
The biggest benefit is that being a member keeps me "current" in the yoga world, and offers inspirational guidance for both teaching and maintaining "balance" in this busy, fast-paced culture.”
I really enjoy the monthly teleconference, I enjoy the information that Mira shares with the group and I also enjoy her teaching style.”
All the information provided, conference calls, lesson plans, discounts - and that it is all very useful and simply explained - which makes it stick more in memory .”
Membership is only $100 for an entire year…about 2 lattes a month. It’s a small investment with big value that will deliver tremendous benefits. Try our Ohana program for one year and see how much it gives you in return.
If you are participating in our GFY @ Home program - you will automatically become a member of the Ohana AT NO CHARGE for the first 12 months! Otherwise you can become a member by clicking "Add to Cart" below.
Membership automatically renews every year unless notification is sent to Global Family Yoga that you would like to withdraw from Ohana membership. You will receive a reminder before your membership renews.