On this page we'll put links to great sites related to wellness for children. We'll start with a few of our favorites and are happy to add other relevant sites suggested by our community. If you know of a site you think would be helpful to others in our field, please contact us.
- YogAdenia - Adenia Linker, children’s Yoga facilitator in Chicago, has created a very comprehensive page on this site describing how Hatha Yoga aligns with P.E. Standards in schools.
- Chicago School of Thai Massage - The partner massage practices we teach in our family yoga training were developed and taught by Paul Weitz, co-founder of this comprehensive Thai massage therapy school in Chicago.
- Street Yoga - resources, training and community for bringing Yoga to youth who are experiencing homelessness, addiction and trauma.
- LifeForce Yoga - Depression effects 121 million people worldwide. And 80% of people who struggle with depression also suffer from anxiety. Amy Weintraub offers resources to reconnect and manage moods through Yoga.
- Yoga Finder - Find a Yoga class or event around the world.
- Everything Yoga - Mats, clothes and more. Including support for building your own Yoga website.
- International Association for School Yoga & Mindfulness - has a HUGE collection of articles and studies on their resources page.
- Special-Ism - Mira has written several guest blogs on this site which provides resources for families addressing invisible special needs including ADHD, anxiety, high-functioning autism, Asperger’s, mental illness, and Sensory Processing Disorder.
- 77 Surprising Health Benefits of Yoga - This article is one of many on various wellness topics at this resource site for nurses and other health care professionals.
- Dr. John Douillard's Lifespa.com - a plethora of resources on health and healing through ayurvedic strategies.
- Veggie Fest - an annual family festival full of fun, great music, and lots of good food with an international vegetarian food court, dozens of informative talks, exciting food demos, great children's activities, cool live music, and so much more. Free admission & free parking!
- Joyful Healing and Vibrant Scents - Therapeutic grade essential oils to support health and wellness on all levels.
- Lisu Hill Tribe Homestay and Cultural Experience - Lovely people in Northern Thailand visited by our Training Director.
- aslpro.com - This is a great place to learn sign language. You can take quizes and look up words and phrases.
- Spoken Sanskrit - type in a word to translate to/from English/Sanskrit.
- Peaceable Pathways - Find out about Sandy Bothmer's book Creating the Peaceable Classroom: A 21st-Century Wellness Guide for Teachers, Students and Parents and her Peaceable Classroom and Peaceable Living workshops.
- Kiddyhouse.com - is a terrific resource for teachers and parents looking for lesson plans, craft ideas, clip art, articles and more.
- Kaboose - another terrific resource for teachers and parents looking for lesson plans, craft ideas, clip art, articles and more.
And, don't forget....your local librarian!
Just For Fun
- Born Yogis - This book is a charming collection of black and white photos of babies doing yoga (something they naturally do) accompanied by a carefully chosen quote from both ancient and modern yogic texts.
- CheckMates Chess Academy - provides chess education to students in grades K-6. It's an unique approach to postively influencing young people by helping to forge friendships, increase reading and math abilities, sharpen decision making skills and improve concentration.
- Jim Gill - is a child development specialist who has focused his energies on combining music and play. He speaks nationwide to early childhood educators and child care providers about play and its value in the lives of both children and the adults who care for them.