Children's Yoga Specialty Certification
Become a Certified Children's Yoga Teacher
This training is proven to help those who want to share the life-affirming practice of yoga with children. It will give you the tools and techniques you need to know. PLUS the confidence to work with children and families in healthy, safe, and meaningful ways. It's for people who have a passion for making a difference.
The program provided me the indispensable background about children's physiology and psychology. It really gave me the necessary motivating tools and resources as well." - Zsolt E., Chicago, IL
This training will teach you:
- Sound Child Development Principles. When you understand where a child is at developmentally you can plan a practice that is safe and engaging. This is at the heart of our training and you will gain the confidence to meet each child as they are.
- Sensory Integration. Each child responds to the world based on how they perceive it through the senses. Learn what sensory integration is and how it influences a child’s mood, behavior and ability to learn. The practice of Yoga supports optimal sensory functioning so you can help kids feel good on all levels.
- Cooperative Classroom Strategies. Every behavior emitted is an attempt to meet a need. Learn how to recognize the need behind the behavior. You will also learn techniques that create calm, positive energy in your yoga classes - and your life.
- Yoga Nidra. This is a deeply transformative practice. Yoga nidra sessions during the training will help to integrate your learning experiences. You will then learn how to deliver this practice to children. Help them learn to self-regulate and develop self-mastery.
- Personal Practice. There is no nurturing anyone until you have nurtured yourself. Develop or transform your personal practice to become a deep well of energy, inspiration and calm. We strive to help you live a life of purpose, connection and ease.
- Lots of Yoga Techniques! You will learn a catalog of techniques – breathing, postures, relaxation, mudras, meditation and more. All designed to be safe, engaging and effective for each child’s developmental need.
- Fun! When was the last time you got to gather with a group of amazing people to laugh and play for days? Our comprehensive training is grounded in hands-on learning and when it comes to kids, that means FUN!
What Happens During This Training?
Each day begins with a fun, child-focused theme-based practice. You get to practice just as the children do so you have an experiential understanding of the techniques and the flow of a class.
- We then explore the principles behind the practice so you know why and how.
- The training also includes interactive, small group experiences. You'll benefit from the varied experiences of a vibrant group of like-minded participants. Past sessions have included moms, yoga teachers, school teachers, counselors, therapists and other health care professionals a.k.a Infinite Pool of Wisdom.
- You will aget a chance to get your feet wet and teach what you are learning in a supportive and relaxed environment. Included is an effective feedback process we have refined over the years.
- You will also see “live classes” as part of your experience. Watch Mira teach children’s yoga classes to the community during your training.
10 Reasons To Get Certified To Teach Yoga To Children:
- YOU can help a child realize their full potential, learn self-regulation and gain self-mastery.
- YOU can help a child find peace, calm and connection regardless of changing circumstances in life.
- YOU can be a part of the rapidly expanding holistic/mindfulness movement.
- Children are our future, it's important that we get it right.
- Because don't you wish you had yoga as a child?
- Teaching yoga to children can give YOU a powerful sense of purpose.
- Every child is a beautiful garden, unique and amazing, and YOU can become a master gardener, helping them grow.
- Kids today are stressed out. It affects their ability to learn, sleep, digest food and cultivate healthy relationships. Yoga is an unsurpassed stress-reduction strategy.
- Yoga can improve a child’s life in all areas – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- Yoga is a lifelong skill and a gift to humanity. As a certified children's yoga teacher you will be qualified to share this gift.
Have you always wanted to teach yoga to children but worry the training won’t give you all the tools you need to do so effectively? Most children yoga trainings are full of fun and games. You’ll have a blast.
The problem is, when you get home you may realize you didn’t learn the underlying principals behind the practice. Or how to manage the classroom. Or sustainable practices that will allow you to teach with confidence for years to come.
Global Family Yoga (GFY) has been a registered school with Yoga Alliance® since 2005. We were the first school focused on children and families to be registered.
Mira Binzen, our director of training, has been training people to teach yoga to children since 2002. She has been a certified yoga teacher since 1999. Mira has thousands of hours of both formal training and experience in the field. She is also a dedicated life-long student and continues to study with yoga masters each year. This commitment to continuing education means our programs stay fresh, relevant and true to the tradition. Mira conducts ALL trainings. Never student teachers.
GFY was founded by a mother and two daughters (Cheryl, Stephanie and Mira). It is truly a family run business. We focus on family yoga in our trainings and promote family connection through yoga. Learn more about us.
We want you to feel confident and ready to teach yoga to children. Once you have completed the requirements, you will be a certified children’s yoga teacher. You may be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance® if that is your desire.
What Past Participants Have Said
I learned how to incorporate my love for yoga and my beliefs into a lifestyle. I have met amazing people during the training who have touched my heart. The experience was a beautiful, nonjudgmental, comfortable environment that allowed me to look deep into myself with the support of the staff and other students. It was amazing--the experience, the memories, and what I learned will stay with me forever." - Peggy D., WI
Sequencing for children is very different than teaching/sequencing for adults…What Global Family Yoga is offering for teachers who want to specialize in children is invaluable. I am so excited where my yoga path is taking me." Jessica M.,
I loved the games and the incorporation of spirituality and philosophy for the kids."
We'd love to have you join our mission to create a more peaceful, connected and creative world through teaching children self-awareness, self-regulation and self-mastery.
Mira, Cheryl & Stephanie